A delicious and refreshing summer drink packed full of raspberries, mint, and lemons!
- 3 cups Raspberries (fresh of frozen) – approx 375 grams
- 1/2 cup packed fresh Mint, leaves taken off of the stem – approx 20 grams
- 3/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice – approx 175 grams
- 2 1/4 cup of white sugar – approx 450 grams sugar
- 2 1/4 cup of water – approx 500 grams water
- Sparkling water, carbonated water
- Add the raspberries, mint, and fresh lemon juice to a high speed blender of food processor. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until fully smooth.
- Note: High speed blenders work much better for this recipe. But, you can use a fine mesh strainer to strain out the raspberry seeds if using a lower quality blender or food processor.
- If you are using frozen raspberries, make sure they are almost fully thawed before blending.
- Add the white sugar and water to a pot and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once it has come to boil, let the sugar water boil into a simple syrup for 10 minutes on medium/medium high heat. You can whisk it occasionally.
- After the 10 minutes is done, add the fruit puree to the simple syrup (sugar water) and bring liquid back to a boil again.
- Boil again for 5 more minutes on medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Let the syrup cool for optimal flavour.
- Once the syrup has cooled, you are now ready to make a lemonade!
To mix a lemonade:
- 3-4 TBS of syrup – 75-85 grams
- 1 cup carbonated water – 250 mls
- mix together with a spoon and then add ice
- Depending on how sweet you like your lemonade, you can play with the ratio of syrup to carbonated water ratio.
- Store leftover simple syrup in the fridge!
Keywords: summer, lemonade, drink recipe, bbq recipe, raspberry lemonade