Ok – did you read the title and think, ‘I can’t make a Pumpkin Spice Latte at home because I don’t have a fancy coffee machine.” Then I will say to you “You’re wrong!”. You can most definitely make one at home and it’s going to be EASY and taste amazing.
You might also be thinking, “Why wouldn’t I just go buy one from the coffee shop?” and my answer to that is “Go for it.” If you want to go to the coffee shop and buy them then that’s probably the best bet for you! But either way, I’m going to tell you why I love making them from home, and maybe I can convince you to try it too!
3 Reasons why I LOVE this recipe:
#1) It’s my favourite special fall/winter drink.
I actually never buy “fancy” coffee. We rarely go out and buy coffee because Mark and I LOVE making really great coffee from home. When we go out for coffee, it’s usually for a special little family date and we most often just get black coffee or Americano’s anyway. I love being able to make them from home because it’s where I drink the majority of my coffee.
#2) They don’t make me feel gross.
I ALWAYS buy one Pumpkin Spice Latte every single year because I LOVE FALL and as soon at it gets cooler out I always want to go and get one and feel the fall warmth take over and enjoy the wonderful taste that a Pumpkin Spice Latte brings into my life. Until about halfway through the latte….. and I remember why I only buy one a year. I don’t know if it’s because I am sensitive to the added colours and artificial flavours they add to it or what, but usually when I get half way through the latte I feel sick to my stomach and can’t finish it. But – something about it is still enjoyable?! So I created a recipe that I could make from home and feel really great about drinking it, and it doesn’t make me feel icky!
#3) It is WAY CHEAPER. Like…. way cheaper.
This is the obvious reason why I love making them from home. Even if you don’t care about the reasons I listed above, this recipe is still worth trying! It’s such a great treat for me and I love making it for friends and family when they come over. I always go a tad overboard each year by making maybe a few too many lattes in a row because this recipe just makes it so easy to enjoy!
Made It? Love it? Share it!
If you made it I’d love to hear how it turned out. Leave a comment below and if you want to show off your baking, snap a pic for Instagram and use the hashtag #theeverydaykitchen.
Join The Everyday Kitchen Community
Never miss a recipe or donut pre-orders, only one email a week and no spam (yuck!).
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 mugs 1x
- Category: Coffee
- Method: Stovetop
A quick, easy make-at-home Pumpkin Spice latte that you can make with no special coffee equipment! It takes minutes to make and tastes like the Pumpkin Spice Latte’s you love.
- 2 cups of milk (You can also use your favourite non-dairy milk. My Homemade Cashew Milk recipe works perfect!)
- 4 TBS pumpkin puree
- 3 TBS real maple syrup (or use honey, or any sugar of choice)
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 1–2 tsp pumpkin pie spice* (depending on how strong of a “spice” flavour you like)
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of very strong coffee (brewed twice as strong as you would normally brew)
- First brew your coffee. Prepare your coffee like you normally would, except brew it twice as strong as your normally would.
- Put all of the ingredients (except the coffee) into a pot. Turn your temperature on to medium or medium/high and whisk until combined and fully heated through.
- Next add your coffee to the pot and continue to whisk until incorporated.
- OPTIONAL – you can pour your latte to a blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds for the latte to get frothy! BE CAREFUL – it will be hot.
- Pour into two mugs and enjoy with a friend 🙂
- *If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice at home, you can make your own by combining these spices.
2 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1/4 tsp of ground cloves
Keywords: Fall, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Latte, Coffee, Easy, At-Home