This Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is so delicious and nobody believes me when I tell them it’s healthy! This no-bake pie uses no refined sugar, is gluten free, and can easily be made dairy free. It has no eggs so it can easily be made Vegan if you choose the dairy free route. It’s the perfect dessert for anyone, and great for a group of people who may have food restrictions.
- 3/4 cup Almonds
- 3/4 cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 TBS cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 2 TBS milk (or almond milk)
- 1–2 TBS real maple syrup
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 1 cup of pitted dates (soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes to soften)
- 6 TBS of peanut butter
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp of salt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 cup of heated milk (or full-fat coconut milk)
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips (or use dairy free choc-chips)
- 1 TBS cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 2 TBS peanut butter
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 3 TBS real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Start by putting 1 cup of dates into a bowl and pour boiling water over top of them. Let those soak for 15 minutes to use for your peanut butter filling.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Place all of the base layer ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse/blend until it resembles course sand.
- Place the filling in a parchment lined 9inch round or square pan and push down firmly into the pan.
- Strain the dates that have been soaking and place all of the filling ingredients into the same food processor/blender and blend until incorporated. Scraping down the sides as needed.
- Then pour the peanut butter filling on top of the base.
- Heat your milk (or coconut milk) just to a boil, then remove from heat (or you can heat it up in the microwave) and and then stir in your chocolate chips.
- All the rest of the chocolate topping ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour chocolate topping on top of your peanut butter filling.
- To finish, add chopped peanuts and chocolate chips on top! (Optional).
- Transfer to your freezer until it’s set. It will take at least 3 hours to freeze.