A quick and simple dairy-free milk that’s creamy and slightly sweet.
- 1 cup cashews
- water to cover & soak the cashews
- 3.5 cups of water
- 4 small dates
- I used pitted”Sayer Dates”
- you can also use 2 large medjool dates instead
- If you don’t have dates you could try adding 1/2 TBS – 1 TBS of real maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add your 1 cup of cashews to a small bowl
- Cover them completely with water and let soak for 15 minutes (if you used hot water) or 2-3 hours (if you used room temperature water)
- Strain the soaked cashews and then rinse with water
- Add the cashews and all of the other ingredients to the blender and make sure the lid is on tight
- Turn the blender onto high for 30-45 seconds. The milk will look very frothy and creamy.
- Pour the cashew milk into a jar that has a lid or any container that has a lid!
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Depending on the type of blender you have may depend on how long you blend the milk for!
- You just want everything to be fully combined and for it to look super frothy and creamy when you take the lid off and look at it.
- You will need to shake the jar after the milk has been sitting in the fridge because it can separate a bit.
- You can also add 4 cups of water to the blender if you want the milk to be a bit thinner.
Keywords: non-dairy, dairy-free, dairy-free milk, cashew, cashew milk, vegan milk, vegan